Virtual Street Fair
Take a virtual stroll through the MarinHealth Nutrition Services Booth.
Marinhealth nutrition Services
Overview of services
MarinHealth has been providing wholesome and delicious meals for patients for more than 60 years. We are proud to serve a community that thrives on a healthy lifestyle and celebrates all that our region has to offer. Our menu is carefully crafted to include local, organic, and sustainably-raised products whenever available. We also believe in delivering 100% customer satisfaction using state-of-the-art technology, and we utilize an electronic meal selection process that ensures safe and timely meal service.
Our registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) provide evidence-based medical nutrition therapy for MarinHealth patients, and are also available for outpatient treatment through the MarinHealth Integrative Wellness Center. They are true experts who develop an individual nutrition strategy for optimal outcomes, in and out of the medical center.
In addition to providing nourishing meals and exceptional nutrition care for our patients, we also serve staff and visitors to the Creekside Café. The Café offers a variety of hot entrees, comforting homemade soups and grab-and-go salads and sandwiches, all prepared fresh daily by our team.
Watch Executive Chef
Martin Godinez Whip Up a
MarinHealth Fave Below!
Meet our Team
Martin – Executive Chef
I’ve been the certified executive chef at MarinHealth for almost 10 years and am a proud member of the American Culinary Foundation. I oversee the recipes and production of meals for our patients, staff and visitors. It’s my personal goal to make sure we not only meet our patients’ needs, but exceed everyone’s expectations! When I’m not spending time in the kitchen, you can probably find me out one of the golf courses in Marin.
Jane – Nutrition Tech
My experience at MarinHealth has truly been full circle – I was born here, volunteered here as a teen and have been a Nutrition Tech for nine years – a position I hope to retire from. MHMC has inspired me to deliver professional and compassionate care and I am looking forward to working in the new hospital!
Julie – Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
I started my career as a clinical dietitian at MarinHealth Medical Center in 2009 and have never looked back! I’m passionate about nutrition care and education in the hospital setting, with recent interests in oncology and diabetes. Every day is a new challenge and adventure, and I love working with the amazing staff at MHMC in taking the best possible care of our patients. I live in San Francisco with my husband and two young children, who are very patient about my daily attempts to ply them with various fruits and vegetables.
Kelli – Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
I’ve worked at MarinHealth for over five years, and love caring for our diverse community as part of a team that feels like family. I hold certification in Intuitive Eating and believe in being an anti-diet dietitian. When not caring for MarinHealth patients, you’re likely to find me caring for vegetables in my garden!
Mary – Nutrition Tech
As a Nutrition Tech, it is my goal to ensure your meals are an enjoyable part of your stay. I truly believe MarinHealth is our healing place and am proud to serve as part of such an extraordinary organization. I’ve worked at MarinHealth for over 18 years and love every part of my job!
James – Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
I have worked at MarinHealth for nearly 3 years now. My passion is providing nutrition in the critical care setting, specializing in artificial nutrition support for those who cannot feed themselves. In addition to nutrition, I also have degrees in anthropology and Spanish – both of which come in handy when working with a diverse patient population. In my free time, I am either tending to my succulent garden or reading about manatees.
Kit – Cold Entrée Preparation
I have enjoyed preparing beautiful salads and sandwiches for our patients for almost 30 years! I love working with the team in Nutrition Services and am proud of the exceptional care we provide. In addition to using the freshest fruits and vegetables for our patient meals, I also like to grow them in my garden!
Watch Executive Chef Martin's
Live Cooking Demonstration!!
Grass-Fed Flank Steak with Roasted New Potatoes
and Grilled Asparagus
For the Steak
- 8-10 oz grass-fed flank steak
- Oil for grilling
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Chimichurri
Serves 2 (may have some leftover chimichurri – great on eggs or vegetables!)
- 1 ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, firmly packed and stems removed
- 1 Tbsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Cup fresh oregano leaves
1/4 Cup shallots, finely minced
- 3/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp sea salt
- 1/4 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp dried oregano
1/4 Tspred pepper flakes
- Grill or sear steak in cast iron skillet – 4 minutes on first side, 2 minutes on second side
- Finely chop the parsley, fresh oregano, garlic and shallots (or process in a food processor). Place in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes. Adjust seasonings.
- May serve immediately or can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. If chilled, return to room temperature before serving.
Watch Chef Jackelin Signor whip up our VERY popular Greek Salmon Salad!
Greek Salmon Salad with Flat Bread - Serves 5
- 5 Greek Salmon Fillets (see recipe below)
- Lemon Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 2 ½ Flat Breads or Pita Halves
- 5 Cups Romaine Lettuce, Chopped
- 1 Cup Plum Tomatoes, Diced
- 3/4 English Cucumber, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, Diced
- 1/3 Cup Kalamata Olives, Halved
- 1/3 Cup Feta Cheese, Crumbled
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Basil, Shredded
- Prepare Greek Grilled Salmon and Lemon Vinaigrette according to recipes.
- Combine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, olives, cheese, and basil. Toss with dressing to evenly coat.
- Place 1 flat bread or pita half on serving plate. Arrange salad mixture over bread. Place salmon fillet on top. Serve immediately.
Grilled Greek Salmon
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 1/3 tsp Fresh Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 ½ Tbsp Fresh Oregano, Chopped
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Lemon Wedges
- 5 – 4 Oz Salmon Fillets, Raw
- Combine oil, garlic, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper for marinade. Mix well.
- Squeeze juice from lemon wedges into oil mixture. Mix until well-blended. Then, stir in squeezed wedges.
- Pour marinade over fish. Drain and discard excess marinade.
- Grill fish over medium-high heat to minimum internal temperature 145 degrees F.
- 1 ¼ Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 ¼ Tbsp Sherry Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Tbsp Fresh Shallots, Minced
- 1/4 Tbsp Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 1 ¼ Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 7/8 tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
In a blender, combine all ingredients. Process until well-blended.
Download Our Recipe Book
Heart Healthy recipes that are easy to follow and guarantee you’ll feel great!
- California Mixed Greens & Avocado Salad with Ginger Miso Dressing
- Mediterranean Bean Soup & Garlic Toast
- Paella with Chicken, Leeks, & Tarragon
- Grilled Salmon with Sautéed Green Beans & Walnuts
- Maple Glazed Salmon
- Kale Salad with Apples & Walnuts
- Tuscan Breakfast Frittata
- Decadent Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
- Trenette col Pesto
- Pesce Spada alla Griglia
- Insalata di Zucchine Nastro con le Olive Verdi, Menta e Pecorino Romano
- Miso Glazed Sablefish
- Edamame & Asparagus Salad
- Winter Beef Stew & Extra Crusty Country Bread
- Quinoa Veggieballs with Butternut-Truffled Fondue
- Swedish Meatballs
- Curried Chicken Salad
- Herb & Parmesan-Crusted, Baked Fish
- Easy Minestrone Soup
- Lightened-Up Mac & Cheese
- Healthy Lemony Yogurt Loaf Cake
- Oatmeal-Flax Chocolate Chip Cookies